“We will be offering the one-day, small group presentations workshop in a number of cities this coming year.”
Ready to get started or have questions?
A Fundamental Skill for All Lawyers
From the young associate explaining the applicability of a new statute to practice group colleagues, to the new partner participating on a CLE panel presentation, to the give-and-take of a client “pitch,” to the keynote address at an industry conference – all lawyers are called upon to make presentations to groups. The ability to prepare for and deliver a compelling presentation is a fundamental career skill.
The Presentation Skills Workshop combines a practical, hands-on approach with individual attention to help lawyers at all stages of their careers learn to prepare for and deliver effective presentations.
Designed for up to 10 participants, the workshop, consists of four components:
Participants meet with me two weeks prior to the workshop and:
- Select a topic for their presentation;
- Discuss strategies for their presentation;
- Begin watching the video lessons.
Participants are expected to:
- Draft talking points and structure;
- Prepare supporting information, including visual aids, if any; and
Presentation Day – Morning Session
- Participants present to the group.
- Presentations are video recorded and critiqued by the group immediately following each presentation.
Presentation Day – Afternoon Session
- Participants meet with me for a 30-minute review of their individual video recordings
- Video recordings are made available to each participant after the program.
- I remain available for consultation and assistance with future presentations.
Why McMurdo Consulting?
With undergraduate and graduate degrees in communications and rhetorical theory, I have been teaching presentation skills my entire career – as a college instructor of public speaking prior to law school and during my 25+ years working with lawyers and accountants.