“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw
Ready to get started or have questions?
The marketplace for legal services is currently defined by two critical pressures – evolution and competition. Firms today find themselves competing with non-traditional services providers as well as expanded in-house legal teams. In response, many firms are turning to individual and team-based business development/sales training to improve overall competitiveness.
Designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability, our Sales Training program is comprised of 16 core topic sessions. Each session:
- is designed to be approximately 60-90 minutes in length,
- contains a mixture of presentation and small group exercises,
- can be easily customized to fit unique firm situations, and
- is scalable for groups of 15 to 500.
Clients can “mix and match” those sessions that best fit their needs. Individual sessions, many of which are designed to be led by in-house attorneys and professional staff, can be presented as a series of “brown bag” session, or linked together for a half-day, all-day or multi-day training.
Session topics include (but are not limited to):
- Communication Styles and Rapport
- Active Listening, Stories and “Magic Questions”
- The Sales/Buying Process
- Sales Calls and Meetings
- Delivering the “Pitch”
- Managing Multiple Sales Channels
- Nurturing Referral Sources and Client Champions
- Selling the Firm Capabilities, Experience and Expertise
- Service Delivery as a Sales Strategy
- Client Feedback: A Critical Sales Tool
- Targeting: The Sales Pipeline
- Sales Support
- Team Pursuits
- Developing a Practice Niche
- Closing Techniques
- Selling Price